• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new guy

Burchie

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone. Been a member on here for a while but never posted. I just picked up this '94 with 130K miles on it for a great deal. She's in great condition, but there are a few things I need, so I'll be checking out the for sale section from time to time. And asking some dumb questions too.

Here are some pics of the old girl.

IMG_0001-120.jpg

IMG_0003-120.jpg

IMG_0004-120.jpg

IMG_0005-120.jpg

IMG_0006-120.jpg

IMG_0007-120.jpg

IMG_0008-120.jpg

IMG_0009-120.jpg

IMG_0010-120.jpg

IMG_0015-120.jpg

IMG_0019-120.jpg

IMG_0021-120.jpg

IMG_0029-120.jpg

Looks nice & clean.
What was that "Danger Unsafe Do Not Use" hanging on?

Welcome!

Nice Forest Service Green! I like those!

Good luck on the build....

Welcome. Very clean USFS Jeep. Supposedly they take care of those and usually have low miles (as yours shows). Government maintenance records and all.

Nice, did you get it at an auction?

very nice and always like that ranger green color!

I've never seen a small center console like that. That thing looks like it's in great condition.

That's the mini console. I had one in my MJ.

Looks good Burchie!

Nice to meet you and nice jeep :)

Welcome
looks nice lets get to cutting
btw what did you give for it?

RUN!!

Your Jeep is in way too good of condition to hang around this group.
You have been warned!!

:D

I concur... Get away while you can....

If you hang around this place, you're going to want to Lift It, Lock It, and Cut It...... :pirate1:

Nice find by the way..

Welcome....

:D

E

Thanks guys. Ok here's the story. (there has to be a story for everything) I've been watching this jeep sit down the street for a couple years now. Occasionally it would move across the street to make the association people happy. Then it just sat for about a year. The HOA tagged it to be towed unless it was put in the drive way or just disappeared. I happened to be driving by when all this was going on, and over heard that the owner, an 18 year old kid who lives with his parents, say that he had lost the key so how was he suppose to move the jeep. That's where I stepped in explaining how to put the transfer case in neutral, spin the back around with a floor jack and push it up the driveway. They looked at me like I was totally nuts.

Well, while we / I were doing this, I start asking about the jeep. The kid bought it 2 years ago for $1400 bucks from a guy who moved here from GA. (He paid $5,500 from a used lot in Atlanta in '05, and it was a boarder patrol jeep I learned later.) The kid never filed any paperwork with the CA DMV, and then lost the title. The last time this jeep was on the grid was back in '07 registered in GA. Then the key got broken in half while he was in Baltimore and he threw it away. (kids these days). They were up a creek and didn't know what to do. Especially about the title. So I asked if they wanted to sell it. "umm ok." I told them to get a lock smith out and have a key made, then after I drive it around the block I'll let you know.

The jeep ran great. All the fluids were a quart low, but other then that started right up and purred like a kitten. So I bought it. Did a Lien Sale on it and as of yesterday it's mine.

oh yeah... I paid 500 bucks for it. :clap:

These guys are right about lifting and cutting your Jeep if you hang around here too long. My Jeep has definitely gone through some changes since joining here. You can see my before and after thread for an idea of what mine has been through: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1000707

It's still shiny but I'm sure these guys would love to change that once I get her offroad.

Enjoy the new ride!

Mid August Mike we're gonna hook that mall crawler up.

Back