• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

strange knock..

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
I finished my ax-15 swap a while ago, and ever since i have a knock coming from the floor about where the bell housing should be, but it only knocks maybe 2 or 3 times and its just when i am starting from a stop when i put a load on it while letting the clutch out. The only other time i have heard it is when i hit a really BIG pot hole in the road. Otherwise it shifts and drives fine. I tightend up the tranny mount bolts and checked the bell housing bolts and they are all tight. Motor mounts are good too. I also took it to a shop for a second and they said it was prolly the tranny mount at the top of the bellhousing... until i filled him in that its just the bolts around the bell housing (including the ones that requires the special 8 star tool), and like i said, they are all tight. You can hear it, and feel in in the floor, but not through the shifter. Exhaust is tight as can be, I cant move it an inch. any thoughts???

Try putting your hand on the tc lever, it could be coming from the linkage.

Another possibility is your upper shock mount bushings.

Back