• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

more detailed instructions for RE 4.5" lift

jbcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got all the parts for my RE 4.5" lift kit and I feel the instructions are a bit too vague for me to feel confident in actually driving the rig once its done.

So here's the question: does anyone have a link to something more detailed than the ones RE has on their website? Basically more pictures and such or just MORE than what they give.

Feel free to post links it'd be much appreciated.

I'm in no way trying to insult your intelligence, but can't you just compare the new parts with the existing ones, and swap them?

Is there anything specific that looks foreign to you?

A big key, especially if your rig is your DD, is to take your time. Make sure you have an entire weekend to devote to your installation. In all likelihood you WILL break bolts, so ensure yourself the time to make trips to the hardware store.

Another bit of advice I wish I'd had before tearing mine apart is to soak all your nuts and bolts in a good penetrating oil...starting AT LEAST a week ahead of time. PB Blaster is your friend.

Lastly, keep NAXJA up on your computer and you'll have all the info at your fingertips should any issues arise.

Good luck.

:cheers:

x2 on that. take your time, soak bolts in PB blaster or equivalent, and allow extra time for unexpected setbacks. its actually pretty straight forward, part for part. the instructions are sufficient enough.

Back