• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D-ring tab on stock bumper

nmcommando

NAXJA Forum User
Ok well i was digging around on the site and i found these. Does anyone have any idea on how i could fabricate these because i want them like this but have no idea on how i would get all that steel to fit in with the stock bumper mounts there to. Any ideas would be appreciated thanks.
DSCN0754.jpg

DSCN0753.jpg

the stock 3 bolts will rip the front of the frame rail out on a good tug!

advice? fab brackets from scratch, and tie into more than those 3 bolts. i myself cannot wait to get rid of the stock steel

Ok well i looked up that hicountryproducts i couldnt find anything. If you could add the link that would be good thanks. and if i was to fab up my own should i just run 3/4 inch all the way back or how thick should i go?

Last edited:
To mount my bumper, which includes my hooks, I used the 3 holes in front and one further back, imitating most commercial tow hook brackets. I used 1/4" angle. If I did it again I would include the two bolts that hold the steering box, instead of going around the one. For D rings, you'd have to bolt some 3/4" (or whatever) to the 1/4" brackets. Actually, I would weld the two togather, if the club I wheeled with allowed welded tow points.

interestingly enough, those are on my XJ now...

it uses the stock 3 bolts/holes, and a single 3/4" bolt in the back end.

if I recall correctly, the stock bracket bolts to the outside of the D-ring bracket. I had to oblong the mounting holes in the bumper by just a bit.

The hardest part was cutting the holes in the bumper. Measure three times, cut once, and still had to make the holes bigger.

Back