• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Light setup ?

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I have a buddy who is selling me 4 PIAA 1000 driving lights. I am going to mount them to my Surco rack but instead of mounting them outside the basket I am going to mount them as close to flush as possible with the front rail of the rack. Has anyone done something like this? I figure if I have to I will flip the light tabs around since they are bolted on. I already have a hole in the roof to feed the wires through. I used to have a small motorola antenna on top since it was a state fleet vehicle so I am guessing It had an FM radio in it.

Interesting idea...may I ask what you're hoping to achieve by mounting them inside?

I have 4 ProComp spot lights across (outside) my KargoMaster rack, but I never thought to mount them inside.

Is it basically for aesthetics?

I would think it's so they don't get knocked off or damaged by trees, big bushes, and so on.

Bingo! :cheers:

These lights are fairly small unlike my 500's they will fit between the top and bottom rails on the rack.

basically it'll be something like this:
lights.jpg

except everything will be straight! :D I suck with MS paint!

very clean, I like it...if/when you pull it off make sure to throw some pics up!

Well provided that the never used optima he has sitting in the basement is still good We should have them mounted tonight. I have the Camera in the Jeep so I'll snap a few.

Did you ever see the setup GoJeep made for someone? http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoLightRack.htm

Thats cool. I don't notice that my rack is there so i don't see a need for a deflector. It looks like it offers some protection though.

Back