• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ or MJ

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
im at a stand still in my rally jeep project. the cherokee i was looking at sold before i could get to it. so now im looking around again, and i dont know what i would get more out of an MJ or XJ? i know XJs have tons of bolt on aftermarket and there relitivly cheap.

i considered that but i really im not a fan on the renix engines.... now there is an MJ for sale thats local with an engine out of a 96 cherokee.

does anyone know if 97+ cherokee doors would fit an MJ or 97- XJ?

i considered that but i really im not a fan on the renix engines.... now there is an MJ for sale thats local with an engine out of a 96 cherokee.

does anyone know if 97+ cherokee doors would fit an MJ or 97- XJ?
The MJ was built from 86' to 92' so a 91-92 would be an HO. A 4 dr XJ, from the front doors forward pre 97,is pretty much the same.There are several guys over at www.comancheclub.com that have swapped there entire interior over to 97+. Go for it ! :yelclap:

im just not sure if i want to go MJ, i like having a backseat, and parts galore

I understand the backseat part, but you can have and even bigger parts collection in the back, you'll just be separated by the cab and glass. :D

I know if I had the choice, Id go with an MJ in a heartbeat. Nothing wrong with Renix.

MJ would also have a lower center of gravity for the same build.

so if i do end up getting an MJ, it looks like im picking up a bunch of 97+ parts.

then im looking for a small lift, i was going to go with OME 1" lift for an XJ but i dont think OME makes MJ lifts

Back