• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Fog Lights

dagr8tim

NAXJA Forum User
First off, the closest reference to my question was found in a thread about wiring an extended idle switch (http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79549).

In that thread, I was reading that all 97+ XJ's had the wiring pigtail for the factory fog light switch. I have a 97 without the fogs, and a 98 with fogs. Being as the 97 is my DD, I've thought about moving the fogs over.

My question is how much of the fog light wiring is included in non fog XJ's? Is it possible to find the plugs somewhere under the jeep? From looking at the 98, the wires that plugs into the fogs have another plug in the wiring about a foot before the fogs. Ideally, I'd like to be able to install the switch, any additional relay's/fuses, and find the plugs for the fogs somewhere underneath. If I can't, I guess I'll run new wires, relay's, & fuses. I would like this to be as close to factory as possible.

Lastly, I realize that the related threads may provide the answer after I finish posting.

I would run larger guage wires anyway doesnt cost much.

Back