• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper Recommendations?

BlackRock

NAXJA Forum User
Hello to everyone (noob here) . . . . .

I am looking to get a new front bumper that has the crawler look and a winch mount, I like the look and price of the Or-Fab for my 1989 Cherokee Limited (4' Rough Country Lift with 31" Tires).

Does anyone know of the best bumper you can get with good approach angle and D-Ring tabs? I am on a budget as well. Also, has anyone bought the Or-Fab bumper and care to LMK what they think about it?

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated :thumbup:

34yp4rd.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by krawler look. I have a rigidco bumper and it's awesome. Very well built. Their winch bumper looks great too.

If you want the crazy tubular look, try out tntcustoms.com

I went with the JCR stage 3 winch with prerunner bar and am very happy.
naxja1-1.jpg

xEleventy Billion. Jcr makes a good product. AJ's ain't half bad either.

I've got a modified Rigidco bumper. It comes with a very beefy mounting system that incorporates the front crossmember. I added a lot of bracing to the front crossmember brace and made it a hidden winch bumper with very little effort.

100_0486.jpg

seriously look into what your local shops can do, odds are there's somebody close enough to you that can build what you want. it will save cost on shipping (for some reason ups wants alot of money to ship 75 lbs of oddly shaped steel, wierd i know) and allow you to have a bumper that is exactly what you want. it will also be a sweet one off peice any you'll be supporting local business.

if you cant find a local to do the job then JCR, Ajs and Rigidco are well trusted manufacturers. i had a nates 4x4 bumper for a while, great product at reat prices, but the lousy customer serviece aint worth it. heres the sexiest xj bumper in the world IMO, too bad its so expensive. http://www.moab4x4outpost.com/servlet/the-5/Cherokee-Front-Bumper-w-fdsh-Winch/Detail

Thanks guys for all of the great info, after reading this thread and a couple others, I am very tempted to just buy a welder with my $400 and build my own (anyone have advice on a good 110v MIG welder for the money?) .

I just get a little concerned when it comes to designing my own bumper and trying to figure out the best way to incorporate reinforcement to the steering box and making sure that the mounting brackets that I would have to design . . . . would be able to hold the stress of winching out of a hole and/or front impact in a crash.

Thanks again for the advice!

If you are going to weld one up and are concerned about design I know there are some kits out there for bumpers that you weld yourself, I just forget who actually makes them. Search around, you should find them. If not, another vote for JCR here...

Back