• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Masterpull is now a sponsor!!!!

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
Hey guys and gals Masterpull is now a NAXJA Titanium sponsor and vendor! We sell the strongest synthetic winch ropes on the market today (Superline and Superline XD) as well as our kinetic tow ropes, the Super Yankers. If you have any questions regarding recovery gear or any of our products please feel free to message me. I am working on the discounted deals for NAXJA members, but if you would like to order in the meantime I will see what I can do.:D

-Alex

Right on man! Now when i snap my strap I'll probably get a superyanker! :D
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Here is a quick down and dirty on our ropes:

All of these are 12 strand ropes, composed of the ultra strong, yet lightweight Dyneema fiber. This is essentially a plastic fiber, which is why the ropes are referred to as 'synthetics.'

Amsteel Blue- This line works well for a lot of people and has been used for years for offroading. Before that it was used on fishing boats and still is used in that way today. The problem with it is that it is not a very stiff line and is fairly easy to damage or get caught. This line is available from many different places and in a couple different colors too. http://www.amsteelblue.com/index.cfm

At Masterpull we have a few stronger line options:

MP winch rope- It is slightly stronger then Amsteel Blue and is a little bit stiffer and also more durable then Amsteel also. http://www.masterpull.com/cpage.cfm?cpid=423

MP Superline- This line is much stronger (21,000 lb breaking strength in 5/16ths line) and much more durable then either Amsteel or MP winch rope. The line itself starts out as a larger line, it is heated and stretched down to a 5/16ths line. This stretching makes the rope seem a little stiffer, which helps to keep dirt and grit from getting between the fibers and deteriorating them. http://www.masterpull.com/cpage.cfm?cpid=413

MP Superline XD- This is the strongest rope on the market today and also the most durable. It's core is our Superline, with a outer braided cover that makes it incredibly abrasion resistant. Another great feature of the cover is that it helps to keep the inner core clean of even more grit then the Superline. http://www.masterpull.com/cpage.cfm?cpid=478

Each of our ropes come with a 10ft nylon heat guard on the first ten feat of the rope, meant to go on the first wrap of the drum to protect the rope from being melted if the drum overheats. Some people prefer to use a LCP (liquid crystal polymer) section for the first 20ft or so of the rope because LCP is highly heat resistant. The drawback to this rope is that the fibers don't like being wrapped around snatch blocks, or dragged around. This is why we don't sell full length sections of LCP rope. Now you will see some people, sell full lengths of Plasma rope. Plasma rope is like LCP in that it is heat resistant and doesn't like being bent, twisted, etc. I would recommend that everyone stays away from a full length of Plasma, LCP, or Technora, these are all the heat resistant fibers that I can think of at the moment. Here are our ropes that have a LCP section: http://www.masterpull.com/cpage.cfm?cpid=424

For any of the lines I would suggest a 3ft rock guard to go along with them. Ours velcro on and off, making it easy to move them around and store in your rig. http://www.masterpull.com/item.cfm?itemid=9132

Also keep in mind that since we splice all our lines we can do just about any custom combination, length or strange order you want to think up.

-Alex

Last edited:
Glad to see you are a sponsor. I will be looking for a winch rope for my Warn 9.5Ti can you PM me some prices and suggestion on which rope with hook to order?

Read what I posted above and then shoot me a message tomorrow and we can talk about which rope would work best for you and your winch.:)

-Alex

Nice!! :thumbup:

Hey guys and gals Masterpull is now a NAXJA Titanium sponsor and vendor! We sell the strongest synthetic winch ropes on the market today (Superline and Superline XD) as well as our kinetic tow ropes, the Super Yankers. If you have any questions regarding recovery gear or any of our products please feel free to message me. I am working on the discounted deals for NAXJA members, but if you would like to order in the meantime I will see what I can do.:D

-Alex

Just purchased one of your Super-Yankers (7/8) for the XJ.

Seems like a good - quality made product, but will need to test it yet.

Shipping was pretty quick as well.
--------------------------------
Now is the question to which I need an expert advise or at least a link where I can read up on this...

WHAT or HOW is the rope meant to be used, is there an actual technique, such as things needed to be considered - speed, braking, distances, gears, wear-tear on the AUTO (AW4) vs 5sp, etc.

I am sure anyone with this product would be glad to read up or see some videos from the actual vendor, since YouTube got nothing...

Thanks...

WHAT or HOW is the rope meant to be used, is there an actual technique, such as things needed to be considered - speed, braking, distances, gears, wear-tear on the AUTO (AW4) vs 5sp, etc.

I am sure anyone with this product would be glad to read up or see some videos from the actual vendor, since YouTube got nothing...

Thanks...

When we use them in the snow we put 6-10 ft (about 2 arm lengths) of slack for a 30ft rope. You can see this way and how it works in the videos below. During this time we were just gunning the engines and going for it, you can't really feel any jerking action and the entire process feels smooth. In the rocks I wouldn't be jerking as hard as the snow or sand, but you can still yank a bit and not worry about it.

-Alex

When we use them in the snow we put 6-10 ft (about 2 arm lengths) of slack for a 30ft rope. You can see this way and how it works in the videos below. During this time we were just gunning the engines and going for it, you can't really feel any jerking action and the entire process feels smooth. In the rocks I wouldn't be jerking as hard as the snow or sand, but you can still yank a bit and not worry about it.

-Alex

I would assume that mud is similar to sand and snow?

Depends how sticky or gooey, if the truck is really bogged down I would start off with smaller pulls and only use as much force as necessary. After soaking my interior a few times I stay away from mud now. Still leave slack in the rope like snow or sand though.

-Alex

Back