• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 help

commandtoad

NAXJA Forum User
on my new trail rig, a 98 xj, the 1-2 shift is does not hold 1st untill 5k rpm, like my old renix body used to. i know about the manual switch mod, but i don't want that. i want it to act like the old one used to. anyone done this? i thought i might switch tcu's but the plug is different.

electrical problem, probably a blown fuse. There is one in-line near the trans computer on 87-95, on a yellow wire. Probably the same on a 97+, but I haven't looked.

You could test the NSS to see if it indeed indicates the shifter being in the 1-2 position. Mine occasionally fails to power the 1-2 position wire (C8 lt green on mine, most likely different on yours) going to the TCU, tho I can only tell when I'm shifting manually (I use this wire to power my 1-2 switch), and I've only tested a couple times to see if it dosen't auto shift to 2 around 4.5k. On my NSS it should be connecting A to H in 1-2 posistion, but again, look up how to test it on yours.

normal operation is it will stay in 1st until about 4500rpms then shift to second.

Back