• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where does the IACV ground

IAC doesn't have a ground, its a 4-wire stepper motor. FSM shows the TPS ground comes from the engine computer "sensor ground" on pin D3. Some folks have spliced in a ground at the TPS to the intake manifold. There is a ground at the dipstick tube that I recall connected to the ground on a whole bunch of stuff as well.

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know.

The engine computer "sensor ground"; is that the ground on the engine block (by the dipstick and oil filter?)

The engine computer "sensor ground"; is that the ground on the engine block (by the dipstick and oil filter?)
yeah, like 4 wires come into one, i had constant idle probs after a motor swap and found a broken wire there. after supplying a new tps ground, it was a battle

Well I just put in 5-90s neg batt cable and cleaned the ground and tested it (less than 4 ohms).

No wires were broken, but is it possible to still have a bad ground there?

Well I just put in 5-90s neg batt cable and cleaned the ground and tested it (less than 4 ohms).

No wires were broken, but is it possible to still have a bad ground there?
what are your symptoms sir?

The FSM doesn't show it, but I think they may get grounded there as well. I do recall a handful of black ground wires that are crimped and wrapped in duct tape in the wiring harness near there.

my broken wire was between the harness and the dipstick.

bcmaxx - for your viewing pleasure, I present: Erratic idling

lawsoncl - there are a handful of grounding wires along with the Batt Neg cable that ground to a stud there. I'll double check the integrity of the grounding at the D3 pin. I've been through that shake and dance once already on the XJ.

will it idle down when u unplug the iac and plug it back in? or leave it unplugged?

Back