• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ's allowed here? :)

victory

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, i have a bit of prerun build... hope it's okay to be in an xj forum!
'Finished' it last summer and has been kinda on the backburner since. The next thing on the list is a 5-speed swap. It's a reliable daily driver, but primarily it's a tahoe snow run vehicle. It's still full leather interior aside from a beard driver seat.

-clayton longarm front/rubicon rear/rubicon 4.5" front springs
-mcneil fiberglass
-fox bypass front/resi rear
-231 case

... thanks and hope to be welcomed here!

-Victor

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

got rid of the trackbar from the pic above for this. jks double shear
DSC_0682.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

DSC_0515.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a badass ZJ man. I'm sure you will be welcomed with open arms here.

I think the rules for ZJ's include something about having to buy the beer.

Nice rig.

The only way you are allowed is take those shocks off immediately and send them to me. Just kidding. Welcome, and nice ride by the way!

whats with the 231 tcase, but still 2wd?

Last edited:
The only way you can play here is if you paint a big "3700" on the front doors.

whats with the 231 tcase, but still 2wd?
Don't worry about that. It's a Jeepspeed thing :D

EDIT: I was just looking at the photos again to see where you spotted the T-case. I saw this:
That looks like the top of a dana 30 at the bottom of the photo. 'Looks like he does the 2wd/4wd axle swap-out just like the Jeepspeed guys do.
DSC_0682.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah i swap the dana 30 for the winter months... Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! And i probably won't go coilovers on this thing. It already has too much $$ into it! The way it's setup has impressed me. I haven't taken it to the desert, but more rally cross type terrain and i'm very happy how it rides. Oh and there is a typo, that trackbar/bracket is from Clayton, not JKS. Thanks again, great site you guys have here.

Last edited:
BajaXJ,

Are you talking about the beam axle? It's nothing compared to the others i've seen on here! It's just a chromo sleeved beam with currie enterprise johnny joints for the uppers. The C's and coil buckets aren't gusseted yet but i'll probably do that soon since the dana 30 is currently on.

Sorry to say, but another jeepspeeder has gone to the other side!
Traded it about last month for a ummm ford ranger... 4x4 longtravel is in it's future.

As for the jeep, it's in the hands of a teenager probably getting worked as we speak! Last few things i did to it was the IRO steering kit.

I'll still be around because i have a special place in my heart for jeeps! Maybe i'll build a 2door xj one day! Also i will probably post up that 2wd beam that is on the first page. Anyone looking for a sleeved beam? Thanks!

:(
hollister1106.jpg

jeepsteering.jpg

new project
DSC_0670.jpg

How did you like the steering set up?

The IRO steering was perfect. I ran it a bit different from how they recommend it... drag link above knuckle opposed to underneath. It worked out great, almost non-existent bumpsteer over anything. Only thing i added were stainless steel misalignment spacers. Kinda pricey, but saved a lot of fabrication time.

i know the feeling, i had a nicely built XJ, lockers from rear new 32's and all the cool stuff (in my avatar) and i had to sell it dirt cheap. and now im sporting a yota.

Back