• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine trouble

DOCXJ

NAXJA Forum User
ok so here is my problem I just put in a new 4.0l in my 1992 2 door because I cracked the block on the old one due to overheating and when I got the new engine I had to put my intake and exhaust manifold on the new engine that I got. and before taking the old engine off I labeled all the connectors so when the new one in I know what went where.
but so here is my problem when I put the new engine in and got it running it would idle ok a little rough but good for the most part but when I would drive it up a hill it would start to lag then accelerate and it would only do it inbetween two and three thousand RPM's but then after it would lag I would put in the clutch and the jeep would die and will not start back up unless you let it sit for a little while. then it would after a couple cranks. and it would also heat up pretty bad and I don't know why!? and the heater does not want to work?!
I have already replaced the water pump the bottom radiator hose the fan and fluids have not changed any sensors yet because I don't know if that would fix the problem.
any idea's???? I will take all right now :banghead:
thanks!!!

its a 92 did you try the self diagnose sensor test? if a sensor is not connected it would tell you the number of which one...

Back