• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle seal help

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
attempted to fix my brakes today, I was superised with bad ball joints and a leaking tube seal. I can handle the joints but I have never done the seals. Anyone willing and able to lend a hand? beers on me.
crap.jpg

non disco, Any special tools needed?

With the axles out Paul, you are basically there. Take the diff cover off, and pull the bearing caps off, 4 16mm (5/8's) bolts, and pry the carrier out. The caps are marked so just put them back on the side you took the off of. When the carrier is out all you need to do is slide a long stick, or whatever you have that will work, down the tube and knock the seals out. Put the new ones in and reinstall everything you took out.

its the "put the new ones in"thats the hard part

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I need help asap. I am putting in an aussie in my dana 30 out of my 99 and want to replace the seals for some insurance. I can't find anyone that has them let alone the part number to replace them. Does anyone know what the part number is to the seals (the inner ones right by the differential)?

Back