• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radiator troubles

sledneck

NAXJA Forum User
i was pullin some big passes in my 2000 XJ pullin 33x12.5 mudders and the motor got hot but not overheated. turned it off to use the keys to open a door went inside for a sec. heard a boom went outside and saw lots of steam coming out of my hood. the radiator blew out on the passenger side plastic side piece. its done, my question is is it worth getting a all metal 3 row replacment or should i just find another stock one? Its like fifty bucks more. o and i cut out the factory pully fan and put in another factory electric fan but only one was working due to me being dumb and breaking one but it still wasn't overheating. temp was about 230.

thanks

i run a cheapie... its not the end of the world. if you have the cash, and love your xj, spend the extra, if not, f it.

i found a all aluminum 2 row for $150 with a limited lifetime warrenty 180 with 3 day shipping i need it by friday cause my jeep is sitting in a garage 150 miles from home and i only have this weekend to get it back...hopefully money well spent never have to f*@& with it again... thanks i would have paid more for a metal one.:worship:

Go for the 3 row All Metal Radiator. It is worth the investmant. I would suggest to also get a Hi Flow Thermostat Housing and Thermostat. That's what I did.

Turbo City
Dept. ORN
1137 West Katella Avenue
Orange, Ca 92867 USA
Phone 714-639-4933
Fax 714-997-1196

Personally, I would get an all aluminum radiator with brazed unit construction. The tank to seam joint is a weak spot with the plastic tank construction. The filler neck length of the tank is also scary, especially in plastic. I always am very careful handling the radiator cap on that. All aluminum is considerably more expensive to build. The other option is the copper /brass construction, which may be even more rugged, but I doubt it is as efficient transferring heat.

Back