• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bent axle shaft in 8.25. Need some help

XJfire75

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, went wheelin the other day and blew a rear RE shock...Then on the way home I thought a little vibes and "hopping" was the road til I got to a stop sign and turned. Heard the brakes scrubbing on the driver rear side and then noticed the "hopping" more. Got home and jacked it up and watched my tire go up and down and a little side to side on the driver's side. I can hear the brake shoes scrubbing in one spot every revolution. Everything Ive read points to a bent shaft. No noise from the bearing or R&P just the wobble of the shaft.

My questions are replace one side or both right now and with replacement or some Superior shafts in yalls opinion?

Obviously I probably need some chromos since I bent an already upgraded shaft(unknown brand) my first time out on 35s but Superior or Alloy?

Im running 35s with an Auburn LS. And its my DD.

Also can I get away with driving it a little for the next week til the shafts will come in? Thanks

Alloys if you plan on keeping the axle for a while.

Thanks man. I got a local dealer of superior Ill prolly order. Said something like $230 for a set.

That way Ill have a spare.

Is it cool if I drive the Jeep a little for the week to and from work? Im guessing so since i drove it like 40 miles home before I realized i was jacked up LOL

Back