• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cooling off the jeep

ridge_runnerxj

NAXJA Forum User
my jeep seems to run hot on trails, on the road its fine its like 195, but on the trail it goes up past 210 outta my comfort zone.
is their any aftermarket hoods that have cut outs so i can get that heat out? or im gonna have to cut it myself. the cooling system on the jeep brand new so, its just gotta be all that heat that can escape. any thoughts?

well u could just drive int the river, or install a electric fan if u dont have one, or a manual switch for the fan or put hood vents in.

http://www.ericsxj.com/vents.htm

How about a little more info like what trans/gears/tires are you running?

Everything JeepDude10000 Said and or install a CSF or GDI 3 row Radiator
What year is your jeep? If its older just convert it to the open system while your doing the radiator swap.

If the thermostat is working getting a lower temp. one won't make much difference. Does your jeep have air? If is does, I would wire a switch so you can turn the electric fan on when needed. If not find an electric fan & install it. I have hood vents at the front of the hood. See my pic. in your other thread. When I turn the fan on it will move a lot of air through the vents. JIM.

ridge_runnerxj said:
ILLXJ is that a DD? i was just wonderin if the vents u have cause any problem in the rain? my vents in my turbo nissan 240sx gave me a little trouble in the rain.

Yes, it's my DD. No problems with rain or snow. I've had the vents for 4 yrs. JIM.

Back