• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 Power-Lock LSD

eflores

NAXJA Forum User
so i've never been a fan of LSD's but my spool was a muncher and i dont have $200+ for a locker right now. long story short i found one of these at a killer price and i think im going to throw it in my rear axle. ofcourse ill tear it down first and check the clutches but from what ive read this thing is the shizzle when it comes to LSD's 90 to 95% lockup is awesome for an LSD where most only get 40 to 45% lockup
any who ....link
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-22100_d44_power-lock__3_92_down_complete.htm

do you know any thing about a gov lock GM locker? this works the same way kind of....one wheel spins and instead of the clutches holding the axles together the spinning wheel loads up the carrier and the clutches bind....do you follow? the load on the clutches increases as wheel spin does till no more spin :D

do you know any thing about a gov lock GM locker? this works the same way kind of....one wheel spins and instead of the clutches holding the axles together the spinning wheel loads up the carrier and the clutches bind....do you follow? the load on the clutches increases as wheel spin does till no more spin :D
Force on the clutches increases as a tire spins? I thought on all clutch LSDs the "lock" between both sides was constant

Back