• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sye question...

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
so i installed my SYE today and ran across one part that i had a question on. the stock rear transfer case yoke had a small dust shield to protect the seal. the new SYE rear yoke doesnt have one and the stock one wont fit it. is there supposed to be one with the new SYE or no?

They sometimes have a little rubber "gasket" type thing that fits over the splines and fits in the yoke. You shouldn't need one if it has the seal that is around the yoke.

They sometimes have a little rubber "gasket" type thing that fits over the splines and fits in the yoke. You shouldn't need one if it has the seal that is around the yoke.
Yes,you still need the little rubber star washer to seal the splines themselves.

Maybe these two Photos will Help. SYEs may differ by a little bit. Which SYE Kit did you Install?

np231dhd_rear.jpg

np231dhd_top.jpg

Last edited:
Back