• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Guy With a Cherokee in So Cali!

AdidasCJ

NAXJA Forum User
So Allow me to introduce myself: my name is Chris, I live in Victorville, I recently picked up an 88 Cherokee 4.0 4x4 White. Picked her up for 400 bucks and have been busy over the past cupple weeks from the time i got her. Ive been working on basic things i.e fluid chnges, brakes, etc. Plan is to lift, bumpers the whole nine yards! :clap:

So here is some pictures:

Day i got her home:
0621091750.jpg

Wasting no time!
0621091953.jpg

Flares gone
0621092153.jpg

Gonna put the stock Rubi wheel on
0621091954.jpg

Carpet... Who needs that! I took it out and am going to Hyculiner the floor.
0627091406.jpg

Crap! Gotta fix this....Only cancer spot i found
0627091408.jpg

Headliner gone!
0627091448.jpg

My new (old) head unit
0703092349.jpg

And my idea of having some extra light in the cargo area
0703092323.jpg

So, im just saying hi, i will be here. maybe get to know people to go wheeling with!

Also if anyone can help me with the fix in the floor board, it would be MUCH a help, cause i can do a ton of stuff, but cant weld!

Whatca think?:piratefla

Nice to meet you :).

I live in Hesperia.

I had same rust problem in same area myself. I just took some scrap sheet metal cut in small square and JB welded it and then painted it as it was just in the area under rear seat. I also plan to rhino line the interior someday, but for now I spent like 8 bucks on black satin rustolem and brushed it on. I took out them X shaped plugs on floor too and put in boat plugs in smaller holes and expansion plugs for pipes on bigger ones so i could drain floorboard if needed.

I am fairly new to things myself, however I am here to help and hang out if you would like.

Brian

Welcome to the group Chris,

Looks like your off to a good start. A bunch of really cool NAXJA guys up in the high desert.

Be sure to post up if you ever have any questions, or need some help. Eats, and drinks go along way with getting a helping hand. Good luck with your project, and look forward to meeting you.

Hey Chris here is some shots of what I had done last weekend on floorboards:
HPIM1274.jpg

HPIM1273.jpg

Welcome to the BETTER side of wheeling... XJs...!!!!!!!!!! :D

From the looks of your garage and the Rubi in your driveway, I'm guessin that you're not new to wheeling. ;)

You don't waste time, do you??

$400 is a GOOD deal..

Welcome..

E

it is just paint or a bed liner stuff? Looks good! i like the Boat drain plug idea!

Its just Rustoleum satin paint (i brushed it on). When I get some funds I want to throw the bed liner stuff on, but that wont be for awhile, but i wanted to throw something down as I am doorless atm :).

Keep the pics rolling things are looking good on your project :).

That looks good for just a paint! i just need to get the cancer fixed before i can do anything to the floor.

Also before i called it a day i decided were i wanted to put my switches. 4 for now. i figure, 1 for bumper lights, 2 for roof mounted and 1 for a rear roof mounted set... If i need more, i will find another place for it.

0704092351.jpg

and as for being new to wheeling... Naw not to new, new to Jeeps. The rubi is my brothers. I was beating up my Dakota and decided i had had enough of that!. So the CB, lights, recovery equpit is comming to the jeep as the dak will not go on the trials anymore.

I have a dual 3 gallon tank setup that ill sell ya... it fits perfect mounted in the rear where you have that big ugly orange thing. haha

HAHAH yea its an old tank. im not gonna use that big ass thing, i would be filling up everyone tires with that thing. plus it takes up way to much space.. Oh and its red :laugh3:

HAHAH yea its an old tank. im not gonna use that big ass thing, i would be filling up everyone tires with that thing. plus it takes up way to much space.. Oh and its red :laugh3:

whats wrong with red???? Be prepared to spend alot of time wheelin' and wrenching. :p not to mention spending money on gas and parts.

good find!

Julio

whats wrong with red???? Be prepared to spend alot of time wheelin' and wrenching. :p not to mention spending money on gas and parts.

good find!

Julio

oh man from the second i layed eyes on it my mind just started RUSHING with things i wanna do! and this picture in my head will be a reality! :D:party:

Hey Chris! Welcome to the madness!

As folks have said, there are alot of great people and experience in this group. Lots of knowledge and variation to allow to get the best input and see options for your rig.

Good luck on the build!

See you on the trails!

Back