• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Brake Job on '01

sbxj

NAXJA Forum User
I've always left brakes to the professionals and the one time I didn't my friend really screwed things up.
Still, I want to be able to at least change my front pads after seeing how easy it looks.
What's the most difficult or worst part of doing your own brakes?

Worst part really is getting the old stuff off... which really isn't that hard. also bleeding them but thats not too hard either...

The front brakes are easy. If you're just doing pads, and not disconnecting any lines, there are not a lot of ways to screw it up in such a way that makes them not stop the car. Drums are more difficult, more parts to lose. Once you need to unhook a line for something, then you need to bleed them, and doing that wrong can make them not work well.

Last edited:
Just make sure not to have both calipers off the rotors when you squeeze the piston back in to the caliper to make room for the new thicker pads. You can push the piston on the other side out of the caliper.

Before you push the caliper piston, make sure you take off the brake fluid reservoir cap, then push the piston SLOWLY.

AND, make sure you put the cap back on when you're done. ;)

E

Back