• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinions on these pictures??!

iroll919

NAXJA Forum User
i bought a 8.8 regeared to 4.88s this weekend and was in a hurry when i did it and never opened up the diff before i handed over the cash

i finally got around to opening it up and found this

there was no pieces inside the diff and the fluid was not all shiny so i need some opinions

does it look like i might be able to get away with running these gears for a while

or does this look really bad

thanks

DSC00820.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

Teeth get ground off c-clip axles so the cross shaft can be installed after the shafts are. Different gear ratios use thicker ring gears...so grinding a couple teeth down is necessary.

Teeth get ground off c-clip axles so the cross shaft can be installed after the shafts are. Different gear ratios use thicker ring gears...so grinding a couple teeth down is necessary.

X2, you will be allright.

ok i read about people doing that on chrysler 8.25s but i could not find any info on whether or not people do it on 8.8s

its hard to see in the pictures but it looks to me like they were ground down with a grinder or dremel

im just looking for all the opinions i can get any input is appreciated

thanks everybody

Put it back together. It's fine, like was said before it was ground down to get the cross pin in there. Perfectly normal

The ring gear on my C8.25 has way more ground off than that. You'll be fine, nothing is out of the ordinary. It won't cause any excess wear or breaking of the gears.

Opinions on the pictures??!

OK Ill bite: :D

The 1st picture seems OK, nice contrast and good content selection.

The 2nd picture is out of focus, and I'm not sure if you're trying to take a pix of the ring gear or that piece of machinery behind it.

-LOL!

-Ron

It will be fine just dont ever put it in reverse while in 4wd with your stereo turned up and your dome light on.

Back