• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjusting 8.25 shock mounts...

boomhauer

NAXJA Forum User
After adjusting the 8.25 pinion angle it's finally time to address the diff shock mounts to bring them back to stock locations. Only problem is i don't know what the stock angles should be. Anyone know the answer so i can correct the angles and beef up the weak looking mounts or should i just eye-ball 'em? Thanks for your help and suggestions. -B

How much have you shimmed the axle? I think the stock mounts work fine for any thing between 4* and stock...

After adjusting the 8.25 pinion angle it's finally time to address the diff shock mounts to bring them back to stock locations. Only problem is i don't know what the stock angles should be. Anyone know the answer so i can correct the angles and beef up the weak looking mounts or should i just eye-ball 'em? Thanks for your help and suggestions. -B
If your shimmed now and there good just use that angle as a reference.gojeeps article on reusing the oem ones is a great idea..angle finder required.less than 10 bucks at your local hardware store..

If your shimmed now and there good just use that angle as a reference.gojeeps article on reusing the oem ones is a great idea..angle finder required.less than 10 bucks at your local hardware store..

Geez why couldn't i see or think of that last night, i'll just correct them to what i shimmed which is 4* then truss them.
Thanks guys for turning the lights on. -B

Back