• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A little rust

bigblueishness

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been searching for a while now and can not find anything helpful in dealing with rust

I have a little rust problem, rust bout the size of a stable is being found in random places on the outside body

can anybody link me to a post or tell me what can I do to make the rust not get any bigger

Would that be a full-size stable, or a miniature horse stable?

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I had some good luck with an anti-rust paste by Rust-O-Leum (?) I bought at Walmart. Followed the directions and it stopped the rust on half the roof of our old Plymouth Voyager.

Cars rust in the south? Say it isn't so:laugh3:

Where's the rust? Rockers, A-pillar, panel edges? My 99 rusted out in the rockers and A-pillars, despite washing/waxing and oil undercoating. My doors were nice and rust free when the 99 got totaled, even at the bottom seams.:D

Where you are located, you may luck out and it's honest to god surface rust. A good acid etching primer would take care of that, on top of sanding blasting and proper surface prep.

At some point, you would have to repaint the affected areas.

Back