• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DW fight, have question!

93gc40

NAXJA Forum User
OK trying find cause of DW. Can't find joints that are loose or moving abnormally. Except that when I turn the wheel the whole axel shifts side to side about 1/8". The other thing I found is that I can twist the drag link by hand, it doesn't seem to have any side to side movement, Is this normal?

OK trying find cause of DW. Can't find joints that are loose or moving abnormally. Except that when I turn the wheel the whole axel shifts side to side about 1/8". The other thing I found is that I can twist the drag link by hand, it doesn't seem to have any side to side movement, Is this normal?

#1 Their shouldn't be any axle movement side to side which means the track bar has seen better days.

#2 The drag link should be fine moving it by hand. I take a pry bar to all the joints and push and pull the joint to see if their is any movement in them. Usually find bad ones that way.

check the frame side trackbar bracket for slop, ie the bracket moving on the frame. check the axle side trackbar bracket bolt hole, specifically if the hole is wallowed out. then check the trackbar itself, if its worn out, R&R, upgrayedd

Back