• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Rear Adjustable Shock Mounts

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
I moved my rear lower shock mounts up to the axle and now trying to figure out the correct shock size. My problem is if I go with a 10'' bilstien (5150) I will only have about 3'' of up travel and enough down travel. If I go with the 8'' bilstien (5150) I will have more up travel but my down travel will be limted.

My question is: will this system cause the shock to sit at a larger static length allowing for a balanced amount of up and down travel? For example with a 10'' bilstien the shock sits at ride heigth with only 3'' of up travel left. Will this system make the shock longer at the ride heigth?

If this question doesn't make sense I will clarify...thanks

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/m...OCKMOUNT&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Shock

Simply put, Yes. The JKS crossover set up will help you out.

Droop or down travel is usually better to have over up travel too. Get the longer shocks and adjust your bumpstops accordingly.

Yes this will help, but keep in mind that this system is going to change the shock angle....so instead of being more or less verticle, they're now pointing in, so your length calculations will change. I recommend removing shocks, installing this thing (or mocking up and figuring out roughly where it will mount) and taking flexed out measurments before ordering your shocks.

Yes this will help, but keep in mind that this system is going to change the shock angle....so instead of being more or less verticle, they're now pointing in, so your length calculations will change. I recommend removing shocks, installing this thing (or mocking up and figuring out roughly where it will mount) and taking flexed out measurments before ordering your shocks.

Yeah this is what I'm planning on doing I just first wanted to make sure it will give me options before I buy it. THANKS

Back