• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

currie steering brace

mucovich

NAXJA Member # 1540
I was thinking about picking up currie's steering box brace but it is listed for XJ's up to 96, will it still work on my 97, i didn't think there was a difference in the front ends?

Engineers Suck
now thats outta the way,
I have a Rusty's brace of the same style as the Currie one. I can't say I noticed anything dramatic from before/after the install, but I have no cracks so who's to say.
I also have a bumper with frame mounts going back to the large hole on the frame rail so that helps beef that area up. I also replaced the stock steering box spacer with a second frame plate going way back so it won't move when I replace the box. In reality I probably don't need the steering brace anymore, but its there so no reason to be rid of it.

Check out http://northridge4x4.ca/ they may have something like this, and they are on our side of the border, good prices and shipping too.

that bad? do tell.
That ended up being the most modified "bolt-on" I've ever dealt with. It hit the balancer first, I added a deeper bend, then a corresponding one to get it pointed in the right direction. Then i realized it was too long and it hit the steering box. Did some grinding and added another bend to get it lined up.I ground it some more cussed a little and had to tweak the tab a little. Wah-lah... Success... All in all it was a real pain in the anus. It will fit with a front skid, but that just adds to the agony. The only special tool running it with the skid requires is a second elbow and maybe a hand growin out your forehead. Once installed I was extremely pleased(or relieved).

thanx guys!

Back