• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Different kind of Hard Start

balrog429

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Ok after searching for awhile I came up with the check valve idea. I got and installed it. No change. Checked all the fuel lines replaced injector o-rings, pressure regulator, fuel filter and added chevron fuel system cleaner. Then I noticed that when the gas level dropped below half a tank the jeep started up like it was brand new. Ran it till the light came on and filled it up. After the fill up back to the long cranking time. Any thoughts on why this is going on? I'd like to get this sorted out its really more of an annoyance right now than anything else.

Year?

Weird. Only differences would be weight and the volume of fuel in the tank.

Do you think it could be related to the evaporative emissions system--gas cap, lines, charcoal cannister, purge valve?

Weirdness aside, how is the cranking speed and the voltage at the battery while cranking? How many CCA is your battery rated?

I'd have to check the CCA not sure though. I bought it from my parents and my dad had thrown a wal-mart battery in there. What rating CCA should I have? As far as the gas cap it's new hadn't thought of the charcoal canister or the purge valve, not really sure where thery're at.

new cap? is it the correct cap? some need vented and some don't.... might check on that.

Back