• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Filling Renix radiador................

Rodrigo_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
......how to do it?

Hello XJers, I posted thissame question in the wrong forum mistakely but I still have some doubts.

Please, could you tell me to fill the renix radiator.....I´m about to swap it, you know, the summer is here!

Thanks in advance

regards

......how to do it?

Hello XJers, I posted thissame question in the wrong forum mistakely but I still have some doubts.

Please, could you tell me to fill the renix radiator.....I´m about to swap it, you know, the summer is here!

Thanks in advance

regards

Howdy Rodrigo.

Leave the upper hose off of the water outlet of the pump, pour it in through there.

You will need to "burp" the Renix. Hopefully your thermostat has a couple small holes drilled in it at 6 and 12 positions, that will help. If your rig is stock, park it with a nose-down attitude and then remove the temperature gauge sender at the driver's side rear of the head and let the air out there.

I put on a late model thermostat housing with the threaded port, tapped it out to 1/4" NPT and installed a brass petcock, and I attach a 12" piece of hose to that, crack the petcock, and it is "burped" in about 30 seconds.

Back