• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 TON Otk wj steering/brakes hitting issues

MuddBugg

NAXJA Forum User
I want to run the 1 ton chevy tre, otk, and wj knuckles/brakes w/ 1.5" DOM tubing, however my friend has the same setup and at full right lock his tie rod hits the coil bucket, thus only having half steering to the right.
Anyone have a remedy for this? raise the buckets, im assuming? anything easier that can be done? pics too please!

Thanks!

You can run WJ tre's on each side and get a JKS tie rod. That will push the tie rod out enough so that it clears everything. I've got that exact setup and I clear everything nicely.

grind stuff out of the way. i have heims in 1.5" DOM with OTK and WJ and i have full lock to lock, i ground a bunch off the coil bucket and then reinforced it with 3/8 steel and bent it out of the way with a bfh. works real good. i do hafta grind my diff cover a bit more though

With the UTK setup you can have the passenger side TRE bent 12 degrees and it will allow full steering to the right. I lost about half of the steering to the right before I had it bent in a huge press.

Back