• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's wrong with my steering?

XJFever

NAXJA Forum User
So, until now, I've been really noticing my steering is crap. I definitely need at least the control arm drop brackets, but I can't even take a road trip because I feel like bolts are going to start coming loose. Just so you guys know, I did do a complete axle/steering swap so, that's maybe the reason things got worse.

Going on the highway, I have really bad vibrations (no front drive line) especially around corners. Maybe alignment/tire balancing issues? But also, it pulls to the right alot, I have to constantly move my steering wheel back and forth like a bus driver does, just to TRY to keep the Jeep going straight. But most of the time on the highway, I swerve all over my lane. As I go around corners in town and turn the wheel, I hear a lot of squeaking creaking. I took pictures of what it all looks like down there if it helps. I think my angle is good with the track bar, but not sure.

What steps should I take, to diagnose my problems, without having to buy a new steering setup? Can I do my own alignment easily? Thanks ahead for any input.:thumbup:

GEDC0200.jpg

GEDC0201.jpg

GEDC0202.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like the frame side track bar mounting might be bent or flexing.The axle looks like it may be sitting offset to the pass. side judging by the bumpstops.

I had the same track-bar and the jam nut came loose killing the threads in the adapter causing the track bar to pop and a loose steering feeling. hope its helps.

Back