• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Banks Header

Weasel

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
If anyone is interested - Banks has redesigned their XJ header. Old style had to many issues with cracking so they came up with this. Supposedly tuned (port tuned) or something like that. I think this is a much better design personally. Anyways, pics

IMGP4978.jpg

IMGP4981.jpg

No they are not coated like that from Banks. Swain Tech did the ceramic coating. Header was pretty well built. Some of the tubes had marks from the bender and some very slight narrowing at the bends, welds looked good. I figure the quality would be a bit higher for the cost of these things but it was by no means bad or cheap.

It's on a 99 4.0. The older manifold for the HO motors fits but some work with a flap wheel is needed in two areas.

IMGP4996.jpg

um mistake that I didn't realize until I had the gasket on and silicon tacking. Engine didn't come with intake, local Cherokee guy hooked me up one he thought was off a 99.

Not sure how much power the newer style adds but it will be fine.

um mistake that I didn't realize until I had the gasket on and silicon tacking. Engine didn't come with intake, local Cherokee guy hooked me up one he thought was off a 99.

Not sure how much power the newer style adds but it will be fine.

I read the newer intake is good fo 20 HP. It made a noticable power increase for me.

Back