• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Tire Carrier

I have a slightly modified stock AMC era tire carrier and rear bumper for sale. I took it off my rig last night as I did a cut and fold of the rear quarter panel and I am building a new rear bumper and tire carrier. I pulled this one off an 86 XJ at the junk yard and put it on my rig just under two years ago.

I have modified it with relocating the center brake light to the center of the spare tire (a round light fits quite nicely in the middle of Soft 8 or other steel rims), and a tab for a aux rear back up light. The tab can be used for that or for a CB antenna. I can include the Warn 500 series lamp that I had mounted on there for an extra $15 if you like. The stock bump pad thingy (that would normally be mounted to your hatch) has been replaced with the rubber bump pad thingy from a chewy s-10 Blazer tire carrier which is mounted to the tire carrier assembly. I relocated the plate location to the driver side of the bumper using a stock front plate bracket and a NAPA license plate light. The hardware for the striker plate and the lower hinge has been replaced with grade 8 nuts, bolts and washers.

Included is the tire carrier assembly, inner quarter panel brace/bracket, chrome rear bumper with strike plate, inner bumper/strike plate braces, inner pass side bumper to rear cross member brace, third brake light, relocated plate bracket, bumper brackets, and swing limiting cable.

The driver side bumper end cap is off my 95 and in ok shape. The pass side end cap is off the 86 and in poor shape. You may be able to modify your stock one to work. One of the two countersunk torx bolts on the upper rear hinge need replacing.

1000719n.jpg

1000720x.jpg

1000723k.jpg

1000725.jpg

1000721.jpg

1000722u.jpg

I am asking $200 if your name is BLACK, or $150 if your name is in RED or GREEN.

Thanks
stewie

bump

still available

Back