• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Leather Jacket Thread

Avanteone

NAXJA Forum User
So one of the more popular prizes at the NWFest Raffle this year was the leather jacket graciously donated by Tom Wood's Custom Driveshafts. It was SUCH a hit, that many just could not contain themselves and HAD to try it on! Here's the jacket's biggest fans:

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

And then in an amazingly funny, yet somewhat cruel trick played by myself, Rich thought he had actually WON the jacket:

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

.....only to have it snatched away from him. We know you were disappointed Rich, but the REAL winner seemed very happy about the win:

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

John :D

Rich would have been way to sexy for it.

The last few times I checked Tom Woods was sold out on leather chaps, might want to look into pre-ordering them for next years raffle. The jacket and the humor was awesome!

I don't believe that I have ever had so many comment about any other item of clothing I have ever warn (and although many of you probably wouldn't believe it, I have worn some pretty outragous things)!!

I have also decided due to it's popularity that this gift should be "shared" by all of us. This will give each of you an opportunity to win the jacket temporarily.

Here are my thoughts (and I would appreciate any input you have):
1. I plan on taking the already incredible Jacket that makes any man or woman (or any combination there of, according to the pictures above :D) twice what they were without it, and spruce it up a little.

2. The sprucing up will create a walking story board of the winners of this jacket each year at NW Fest (each name of the winner will be "incorporated" into the art of the jacket, and each year another name will be added). The winner will have the oportunity to wear this jacket at any social event during the year that they attend, as well as any wheeling events that they attend.

3. I have come up with several ideas of different competitions that we could use to determine the winner each year but I would appreciate your thoughts on this with regard to two things. What should the "contest be" and should it just be during NW Fest or for the entire year of events? Keep in mind that this is a classy jacket and the prize should represent the winning contestent well each year.

4. If there is too many great ideas I will open this up for a vote of the best ideas.

Who has a "bedazzler" I can borrow?

Michael

PS. The jacket has been banned from the bedroom closet due to it's Genuine Leather smell and the fact that my wife is a vegitarian :laugh3:

If there are chaps available, I can promise that I will not be sharing them with the group!! :party:

Michael

How fawkin cool am I?

So cool.

You were rockin' that leather. Must have broke your heart to not win it. Sounds like Michael wants to share, at his wife's insistence. You've got another shot here E, don't blow it now. Offer him cash money, maybe you and Rich can have a bidding war to decide who will own "The Jacket".;)

Who has a "bedazzler" I can borrow?

Michael

PS. The jacket has been banned from the bedroom closet due to it's Genuine Leather smell and the fact that my wife is a vegitarian :laugh3:

My daughter has a bedazzler I'll have her bring it over. Would you like her to bring the spinner thingy for putting beads in your hair as well?

Looking at that fairy leap for the jacket Rich made I do think that with the proper amount of beading you may be able to get top dollar from him....

My daughter has a bedazzler I'll have her bring it over. Would you like her to bring the spinner thingy for putting beads in your hair as well?

Great. No need for the spinner thingy, It would be best if the opportunity was not present during this artistic moment.

Thanks,
Michael

Back