• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control arm length

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok. I am going to be trying to figure this out finally but figured id ask here first. 2000 Cherokee RE4.5 Superflex lift. Pass side coil is close enough to the swaybar disco it hits. Drivers side is farther away. Now it seems to me the axle is pushed forwards more on the pass side. Also the upper is extended more the reach the bushing. lower arms are the same length. Could this be an issue with the factory method of adjusting castor? Or is there something else causing this? I am going to start measuring tomorrow when i pull the arms back out to retighten them.

I believe that kit comes with Fixed Length Control Arms. Not much you can do there.

You may have to take it into your Local 4x4 Shop and have them Align it and check out the Work. Any place other than a 4x4 Shop may not really know what they are doing and may set things wrong for you and say, "It's done" and let it go at that.

Good Luck.

All adjustable arms. There is only a problem with the PASS side and it sits lkower by about an inch. So i dont think it is the lift. I will go measuer wheelbase

Give RE a call and tell them one Coil sits lower than the other.
Phone Toll-Free 877.367.7824

Their People are very helpful and would advise you on what Length your Adjustables should be Set at before Aligning and what can be done if one Side sits Lower than the other.

At 4 to 4 1/2"s of Lift you wouldn't need to change out the Upper Control Arms. I think the Stock Uppers measure out to 15"s. Maybe 4 1/2"s of Lift can be set to 15"s to 15 1/8"s Center to Center. At 5"s of Lift I think one would set Adjustables to 15 1/4"s.

The Stock Lowers should measure out to 15 3/4"s but at 4"s of Lift I think they are supposed to be around 16 3/8"s Center to Center. 4 1/2"s of Lift to 16 3/8"s. 5"s of Lift to 16 5/8's.

This is before Alignment.

Hope this helps.

I would order the RE Sway Bar Relocation Brackets too when you called. IMHO

Back