• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone run Interco IROK Bias.

greenmachine74

NAXJA Forum User
Wondering if anyone are running these tires. I know they are not going to ride great on the street, but my XJ is not my DD. It will be driven to local trails, and anything over 150 miles one way I'll throw it on the trailer. I am looking into the 36/13.50/17's. Any input? :cheers:"Thanks"

Ive seen plenty of guys run them, mainly in bigger sizes though.

They work decent on the trail, and i'm sure like all bias tires, feel like shit compared to a radial on the road. Mabey worse than other bias actually, in my experiance Interco stuff doesnt seem very round.

If you can accept those facts & can get a good deal on them, give a shot.

I've run the Iroks for a couple of years...On my second set now. These are hands down the best "wheeling" tires I have ever had. They have a super soft rubber compound and will wear fast on the street. I have the 36x13.50/16's.

-Dan

Yeah I have had the good and the bad with Interco, I have never run one of there off road tires but I have run there drag slicks (M&H). I had 3 sets on a chevelle I used to run, first set great ran them till they were dead, second set put them on, did my burn out getting ready to stage and the car shook so bad in the burn out I thought I had broken something in the rear end. Took it home gave everything a visual once over found nothing wrong. Pulled the axles and droped the diff center section checked out the locker checked the axles for straightness, all looked good. I scratched my head for a while then decided to take the wheels and tires and have them put back on the balancer. Behold the problem, one of them now you could not put enough weight on it to get it to balance out. I had to buy a new tire because I had already mounted it and had already done a burnout on it, Oh well, no more shake. The third set were good for there life. I think I just got one out of a bad run. Still contimplating on getting the IROK's not sure if I want to balls up and go with 37's yet, but they are the only manufacturer I have seen that offer a 36. Thanks for the input.

I've never had any personal experience with interco bias plys, but I hear people say they are great, and other people say they suck. And when someone says they suck, someone else will say you have to run them super low. Like about 2-10 PSI (which means running bead locks).

I've seen them personally NOT hookup. I see someone drive right on through some loose shale with 33" MTRs and then someone following in 38" swampers and they're just slipping all over the place. They were probably running too much air in the swampers though. Plus, they're swampers :D

well at KOH I (as well as hundred others) say how superior the IROK's were to the others out there. Aftershock was a joke for the iroks, almost all just climbing right up the Z where as the BFG's (the krawlers and the brawlers) were not getting even close to the traction. It was VERY obvious..

Not that I am bias at all. I have run everything out ther it seems. I currently run 39.5" IROK's, I love em.

Robert, have you ever run sticky creepies??

There are only a few tires I have not tried and that is one of them. I cant really justify the cost though for that tire. Expecially when I see comp claws for less, and IROKs for about 1/2 or less the cost of the creepy. Now IF I found a good price on some trepador's I would be all over it. but at like 700+$ a tire for a 40", no thanks...

I paid 319.00 ea. for my 37" creepys,I thought that was a comparable price to other brands......SANTA

well a 39.5 Irok was 195 ea I think I paid. and a 40" trap is 799 I think ea currently on group buy .com

Where did you find the 39.5's for less than two hundred?
The cheapest I have seen them is just under $300 now (plus shipping and extra wieght handling fees.)

PM'd ya...

well it was anaheim tire on la palma and I got them thru a work corp account. but doubt they took very much off at all. This was last year just before TDS (Mar 08)

Back