• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick question :).

XJ4Christ

NAXJA Forum User
I cant find a good pic on here and my XJ friend tried telling me that what I think are floor drains in my XJ are not.

Anyone have a pic of what they look like? Ones that I think are them are flat with an "X" and I guess you pry them out and they are all over the place..? I want to remove some of them and install boat plugs (so i can drain water out as needed) as I will be putting rust destroyer and rhino lining in (i have carpet pulled out).

Why do you want a picture of what they look like?
Don't you already have them?

:D

Pull them and plug them. I think my Cherokee had rubber caps rather than
metal plugs.

Hehe sorry I guess I just want to confirm that that is what they look like since my friend said he didnt think they put drains stock on jeeps even after I showed him one that I thought was a drain plug :). Of course his Jeep is called the "pavement princess" at work so he isnt very helpful on stuff like this lol :p

Hehe sorry I guess I just want to confirm that that is what they look like since my friend said he didnt think they put drains stock on jeeps even after I showed him one that I thought was a drain plug :). Of course his Jeep is called the "pavement princess" at work so he isnt very helpful on stuff like this lol :p

I'm not too sure what the originally where designed for, but they sure do work as great drain plugs when removed!

Yeah I am not sure what they were for either but I agree :). I got bored and took them out (some were bigger than the others). I found some drain plugs (although OSH didnt have but 2 of them) and some bigger Plugs (cant remember what they are called but they are basically a piece of rubber that squeezes out when you tighten a wing nut (again Osh only had 2 of em).

I didnt have money for rhino lining atm so I decided to use rustolem satin and brushed it on interior until i can afford some good stuff.. so getting ready now to take two front doors off in few min :).

I think they were used in the manufacturing process to provide the machines a way to manipulate the floor pans to put the pieces together so the robots can spot weld them.

I think they were used in the manufacturing process to provide the machines a way to manipulate the floor pans to put the pieces together so the robots can spot weld them.

That is a good reasoned thought :). I wonder if my wife's new truck has em.... er never mind I would have to sleep outside for a long time hehe :p

Porsche had the same thing for the same reason.

Back