• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

? which FelPro int-exh manifold gasket for '99XJ 4.0L with tube-style exh manifold ?

MikeESoc2

NAXJA Forum User
I'm confused.

I'm looking to replace the cracked tube-style exhaust manifold on this '99XJ today (the type that cracks... not the later cast-iron exhaust dual manifolds)
and I'm trying to buy the correct intake-exhaust manifold gasket locally.

The local parts place says the FelPro# changes between 1998 into 1999 for the Cherokee 4.0L.

For up to 1998 it's FelPro part# MS 94790 (which he has in stock).

For 1999 and up it's Felpro part# MS 93094 (which he has to have delivered).

Yes, this '99 has the larger-volume intake manifold (was original equipment) along with the OE tube-style exhaust manifold.

The local Jeep dealer says it's the same gasket for '94 and up (to when production ended after 2001) - which he would have to order.

Does anyone know which FelPro # is the correct gasket ?

Thank you.

Sounds like you may have a in between parts change over issue.. You can try the one he stocks if it's wrong, take it back and order the other.

Good Luck
Nick

Just came back from a different local parts store that had both FelPro gaskets available.

There is a difference in the exhaust port shape cuts between the 2 part#s.

For what FelPro lists as for "1999 and up" (part# MS 93094) the exhaust port shapes in the gasket are rectangular.

For what FelPro lists as for up to 1998 (part# MS 94790) the exhaust port shapes in the gasket are larger and round (round matches the tube-style exhaust manifold exhaust port shapes).

The intake port shapes in both of the FelPro gaskets matched exactly - size and shape.

Therefore:
current guess is that what FelPro lists as for "1999 and up" is actually for 2000 and up - starting with year 2000 when the OE exhaust manifold was switched to dual 3 cylinder cast iron manifolds.

What I'm gonna do now is get out there and replace the tube-type exhaust manifold on this '99XJ.

Back