• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED Head Light (cirular for now)

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
Any one see these things?

7" LED Head Light Info

27250C-hr.jpg

I'm debating on waiting for someone to make a rectangular style in these or Just fab up my grill to accept these.

Either way, finally! LED's, the way of the future! :worship:

Yeah they look cool but for a half of the price i can convert my H4 housings to HID, buy an upgraded harness, and put HID's in my Hellas! :D

Wow. I can't believe these are really being marketed. Those lights looks like they would put out 1/4 of a regular 55w sealed beam. LED's are no where near as bright as incandescent, let alone HID. The new Lexus LS600h has LED headlights, and I wasn't really impressed when I took a look at it. The technology is amazing, but the results where less than stellar. I think it'll be another few years before the technology starts competing with what's on the market today.

20080902020443.jpg

Check out CrusinIllusion's rig. Not LED but you can get some fab ideas for going round.

Them would look real good on my CJ,....

You guys must not have clicked the link I posted in the second post and/or not read the pdf (which I can't blame you) but here's the breakdown:

-The Edison array produces about 1200 lumens (roughly what a halogen produces) which isn't that exciting BUT
-Seoul Semicondutors came out with a 900 lumen led module that when placed in that above Edison array would produce 5400 lumens AND the cool part is how easily said array could be placed behind a bi-zenon projector such as the RS6/A6. The array has a diameter of 2.75" and the projector's diameter is 3" leaving a whopping 1/8" gap around the array that would actually be filled with the heat sink.

Wow. I can't believe these are really being marketed. Those lights looks like they would put out 1/4 of a regular 55w sealed beam. LED's are no where near as bright as incandescent, let alone HID. The new Lexus LS600h has LED headlights, and I wasn't really impressed when I took a look at it. The technology is amazing, but the results where less than stellar. I think it'll be another few years before the technology starts competing with what's on the market today.
If you could come out to the CA desert during desert season and see some of the LED light bars people are running out there I think you would change your mind. Those things are every bit as bright as HID and have a cleaner quality of light. They are damn spendy but they put out some serious candle.

Back