• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock knowledge needed (sizes)

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
Currently im sitting at about 5" of lift (3" coil 2" spacer) in the front. i am running the Rough country 9000 (9127) they are advertised as 2"-4" lift shocks.. well the ride being garbage has me wanting to swap. i have a full set of used (either rancho or deutch tech 8000s) shocks, they are off of a ZJ with a unknown lift. the shocks are in good condition so im going to swap them over..

First of all, where do i measure length? here are the pictures.. can you tell me what amount of lift these shocks are for? they're ugly, but they were free. and have alot of life left
Front shock:
DSC02757.jpg

middle of FR shock
DSC02756.jpg

bottom of FR shock
DSC02755.jpg

Top of Rear shock
DSC02758.jpg

middle of Rear shock
DSC02759.jpg

bottom of rear shock
DSC02760.jpg

measure them from center of top bushing, to center of bottom bushing. Do this both compressed and at extended length. compare them to one of your stock shocks, as long as theyre approx. 5in longer at both measurements, you should be OK...

well after reading some measurements.. the shocks that are on the rig now, have about 5" of up travel, and about 6" of down travel. and the shocks i have that i want to use, are about 1 1/2 - 2 inchs longer. so they should work just fine..

To be sure they will work,flex the rig out front and rear and measure compression and droop, with no shock or one end not attached, then measure the others shocks you have to see if they will work.

Back