• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anyone know what to do

SINCITY192

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 89 cherekee steering column tilt wheel i just got it from hunts point for 90 cash he said it came with a key at first but when he found the dag column it didnt have a key but it had the cylinder.
i got home attempting to prep it for the job (swapping out my 88 column)
and at first i was gonna switch the ignition cyl with the one on my jeeps column since i already had keys then i tried sticking the key in the 89 column. Now the key wont come out, it went right in and with a little wiggle i can see that the key is turning the switch on but it will not come out for some reason. can any one help with this i dont wanna mess up this new column before i even get it in the jeep.

Put the key in the run position. Push the little tab on the bottom of the cylinder. The whole cylinder should come out to that you can lube it up and tap things around to shake the key free.

does the wheel have to be off cause i cant locate this tab ur talking about. my 89 column was locked and now that the key is in its no longer locked so i am able to turn and and look real well but i cant see what ur talking about? and were talking about the column out of the jeep right!

Back