• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aluminum Door Pocket w/Cupholder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmydaux

NAXJA Forum User
Well heres the first official post as a NAXJA sponsor. I look forward to seeing how this goes. If you guys have ever wished you had door pockets or cup holders in your jeep, now you can have both. If you’ve never been one to have those dreams,, they’re still nice to have.

These are going to be $65/pair + shiping. This includes the door pockets for both passenger and driver sides with the edge trim installed as well as allen head fasteners for installation.

You will need to drill the plastic door panels to install these. Installation is very simple. You may even be able to install them by prying the bottom of the door panel out and not removing the panel completely. I would personally recommend pulling the panel off to install them.

Annodizing and powder coating will be soon available for an added cost. This price is not set in stone yet but will range from $10-20 per pair. Im working with a few providers to get this as cheap as possible. Possible colors include black, dark grey, blue, red, gold and clear. If you are interested in these, I will do some homework and get you a price.

$65.00 per pair + shiping. Your total cost calculated once you give me your zip code. Send me an email at
[email protected], or pm me here to get on the list. The first production run is fairly limited at 13 pairs, but there are still a few of those left. Paypal or money order. Feel free to ask any questions.

Jeremy

DSC07551.JPG

DSC07498.JPG

DSC07496.JPG

I just got an email from my manufacturing guys, the first batch should be ready by May 1. Those of you who have prepaid, they will get sent out asap. There are still some of that first batch available.

Hey guys, I got some prices back on powder coating. Here are the basic colors that my local guy offers. Theres the black, graphite, red, and midnight wrinkles, along with their SD Black (flat) and a black chrome. THe black chrome is a pretty cool color, its about the same shade (cant tell too well in the pic) as the graphite wrinkle but smooth.

Powder coating in any of these colors will add an additional $14 dollars per pair. If you have specialty color requests let me know and I will get you a quote for that color.
DSC07562.JPG

The second one down on the left looks good, what color is that one?

Hey guys, I got some prices back on powder coating. Here are the basic colors that my local guy offers. Theres the black, graphite, red, and midnight wrinkles, along with their SD Black (flat) and a black chrome. THe black chrome is a pretty cool color, its about the same shade (cant tell too well in the pic) as the graphite wrinkle but smooth.

Powder coating in any of these colors will add an additional $14 dollars per pair. If you have specialty color requests let me know and I will get you a quote for that color.
DSC07562.JPG

Top Left SD Black (flat smooth)
Top right Black Chrome fairly glossy
Mid Left Black Wrinkle
Mid Right Red Wrinkle
Bottom Left Midnight Wrinkle
Bottom Right Graphite Wrinkle

Let me know if theres others that you guys would want.

Have you tested these on a 4 door with manual windows? I can't tell by looking at the pics you've posted, but it looks like they would interfere with the cranks.

I havent tested them on the manual windows but that is definately a consideration to be made. I may have to have a smaller one manufactured. Ill do what I can to find one and take some measurements. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Jeremy

Have you tested these on a 4 door with manual windows? I can't tell by looking at the pics you've posted, but it looks like they would interfere with the cranks.

X2... I'd take a pair in a heartbeat if it worked with the manual windows on the early models. Looking at the pictures, I think it may require halving the length (or thereabouts) for window crank clearance.

On the plus side, if you do have manual windows, I'd assume that (like me) you wouldn't have to worry about clearing electric seat controls as well.

The first shipment is in. I will be shipping any orders that I have received money for tomorrow unless they require powder coating which will add a few days. If youve sent a money order, Ill ship them out as soon as I get the MO. There are still some of the first batch available. If youd like a set, you can have them to your door in a few days, unless you want them powder coated.

Fell free to ask any questions about these.

I am looking into developing door pockets that will work with manual crank windows and maybe some for the back doors.

How close is the wrinkle graphite color to your/my grey door panel color ?(2000 XJ)

Its a tad darker. It would look good though. Ive got a local guy buying a set of the graphite ones this weekend. I'll be sure to get a pic of it installed.
DSC07682.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back