• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my power windows dont work

bamftruck

NAXJA Forum User
does anybody know where the power window fuse is located in a 1989 jeep cherokee, its a 4 door and i have looked on the fuse pannel on the driver side and couldn't see it. it has power windows, power locks, and its the 4.0. its getting to be a pain to go through the drive thru.

can anybody help me?

There is a little silver looking box thing about 3/4"-1" long, maybe 1/4"-3/8" wide stuck into a socket on the fuse panel. This is a circuit breaker (auto reset fuse) for the power windows. There are actually two of these, one for the power windows, one for the windshield wipers. Something nice to pocket at the junk yard and have find it's way into your tool box. There are often some subtle differences in the fuse block year to year, but this is likely close.

t67211.gif

The circuit breaker (fuse block) is often kicked and the circuit breakers sometimes fall out or a socket tab breaks off.

thanks that was it and now i have power windows but no i dont have power door locks, i took the lock one and put in where the power window one was missing,

If they all work with the fuzes, count your blessings.

If/when they quit and the fuses are still good, well, then you get to replace the undercarpet harness or do the extra power switching relays. That said, gee, I'm out of work, I should do that this week when it's 69* . . .

Back