• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 Link on the front of an xj

if the control arms were angled in or out, you could delete the trackbar. However, angling them would cause bind, and limit articulation severely.

Well I have been working on using a 4link teralflex from a wrangler and this is what I came up with.
Welder was acting up when I did those.
IMG_1331.jpg
IMG_1333.jpg
IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

Last edited:
aside from the lengths being horrible, and the frame mounting locations being horrible, and the bump steer being horrible, ur UCA mount is u-bolted to ur axle

i think i may have to nominate this

I think I may have to agree with you Ross. I saw the first picture, and was like WTF? then when I got to the picture of the UCA BOLTED onto the axle with u-bolts, I died. (Its rather surprising you haven't yet)

PLEASE TAKE THAT OFF BEFORE YOU KILL SOMEONE ELSE.

I think I may have to agree with you Ross. I saw the first picture, and was like WTF? then when I got to the picture of the UCA BOLTED onto the axle with u-bolts, I died. (Its rather surprising you haven't yet)

PLEASE TAKE THAT OFF BEFORE YOU KILL SOMEONE ELSE.

Yep thats right all the lengths are horrible and itll never work. Or your wrong. It cycles very well, the bracket is from teraflex and the ubolts are just used to hold it in position for mocking up. Of coure its going to be welded it has not even left the shop yet. By the way the upper link kit is from the wrangler kit and it seems to work just fine. There is NO bind. The angles worksince we tacked everything in place and cycled it to make sure there was no bind. The king air bumps still need to be installed to bump it out before the oil pan. Along with the hydraulic steering.

But keep the questions coming and I'll answer them best I can. The kit was cycled several times before finally being installed. And the upper link brackets on the frame side clear 35s full lock up and down.

Last edited:
Yep thats right all the lengths are horrible and itll never work. Or your wrong. It cycles very well, the bracket is from teraflex and the ubolts are just used to hold it in position for mocking up. Of coure its going to be welded it has not even left the shop yet. By the way the upper link kit is from the wrangler kit and it seems to work just fine. There is NO bind. The angles worksince we tacked everything in place and cycled it to make sure there was no bind. The king air bumps still need to be installed to bump it out before the oil pan. Along with the hydraulic steering.

But keep the questions coming and I'll answer them best I can. The kit was cycled several times before finally being installed. And the upper link brackets on the frame side clear 35s full lock up and down.
1. I didn't say anything about lengths, so I don't know what you're talking about.
2. :gag:.
3. I don't care where the brackets or upper link kit is from, or if you have bind.
4. Why did you come in here looking for information and asking if people have done a triangulated 4 link, then post up you have already done it?
5. I still don't see anywhere where you said that the u-bolts were just temporary, or that it hasn't even left the shop yet. So therefore, how were we supposed to know that,:gag:.
6. It still looks bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this goober went and deleted his pictures, I have no idea WTF is going on here.

What's wrong, 4-link guy? Embarrassed about your setup? Leave it up here so we can learn something, or offer real suggestions.

What vendor did you go with for your hydro steering setup?

i can still see the pics fine

why would you ever go and try and copy teraflex's design? they have to have some of the worst setups between the XJ "long arm" kit and there kits for TJ's that you've based yours on. the steering must be all sorts of wacky.

i can still see the pics fine

why would you ever go and try and copy teraflex's design? they have to have some of the worst setups between the XJ "long arm" kit and there kits for TJ's that you've based yours on. the steering must be all sorts of wacky.

It's because they're cached on your computer. Rehost them for us
biggrin.gif

Billy

WOW. that's some, uh...amazing... work you've got there.

I'm with Begster 100%

I don't really see any major problems with it. There is no inherent bind in a triangulated 4 link, no reason it can't be used in the front just as is common in the back. Suspensions like this normally don't bind much, they instead find their outlet in pinion angle change. It might do better with shorter lower links, though.

I'd probably reinforce the back of the upper arm area into the unibody more, and try to tie those points in laterally through the body. Welding the axle mount goes without saying.

Curious what the anti-dive characteristics are going to be like with the relatively short separation.

Last edited:
Back