NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > Past NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > Northwest Fest 2008
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Northwest Fest 2008 NWF will be held June 27th-29th 2008 at Naches, Washington

Old June 25th, 2008, 19:17
has frame envy

Need a few questions answered.

So since I have never been over to Naches I want to make sure I am well prepared, so here are a few questions I have.

What is the water situation over there? I know we will not be in a campground per say and a river is close, but what about drinking water and bathrooms? Approx dist from our meadow campsite to them would be helpful.

How far away is the store/ gas? I was told there is a gas station and mini market pretty close but how close?

I think that is all for now.

-Alex
Old June 25th, 2008, 21:07
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Need a few questions answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba-Riedo
What is the water situation over there? I know we will not be in a campground per say and a river is close, but what about drinking water and bathrooms? Approx dist from our meadow campsite to them would be helpful.
Plan on being self sufficient on water. I honestly can't remember if there is water available.

There are two pretty decent pit toilets, but make sure to bring TP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba-Riedo
How far away is the store/ gas? I was told there is a gas station and mini market pretty close but how close?
Whistlin' Jacks is probably 15 minutes away and has a very well stocked mini-mart, grill and ice cream parlor. Gas is available, but is 25% more than over here.

A lot of folks will go down there for a breakfast burrito and coffee, and there's a really good breakfast joint another 10 minutes from Jack's. I'm sure a bunch of us will be down there at least once for breakfast...it's traditional.

For all intents and purposes those are the only outposts of civilization within reasonable distance, so it they don't have it make sure to pack it in.

-----Matt-----
Old June 26th, 2008, 00:01
NAXJA Forum User

The vault toilet is within 50 yards of where we're camping. The river is very close as well. I THOUGHT at one point there was running water nearby, but now I can't remember.

I plan on topping off for fuel on the way back from each run so I'm ready to go in the AM.

J
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:02
NAXJA Member #1283

Figured I'd go ahead and just ask in this thread rather then make my own. So, am trying to make it out this weekend but have a couple things I need to finish up first. If I'm able to get them done I will probably head out first thing Saturday morning. Anybody know how the runs are usually coordinated and what time most will be heading out Saturday? Thanks...
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:03
NAXJA Member #1283

double post.
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:15
has frame envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avanteone
The vault toilet is within 50 yards of where we're camping. The river is very close as well. I THOUGHT at one point there was running water nearby, but now I can't remember.

I plan on topping off for fuel on the way back from each run so I'm ready to go in the AM.

J
Thanks John, I plan on just bringing alot of water and bringing my water fiter from when I backpacked as a backup.

Or just borrowing some wfrom you cool RV guys.

-Alex
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:15
has frame envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avanteone

J
Thanks John, I plan on just bringing alot of water and bringing my water fiter from when I backpacked as a backup.

Or just borrowing some water from you cool RV guys.

-Alex
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:34
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestxj
Anybody know how the runs are usually coordinated and what time most will be heading out Saturday? Thanks...
The usual time for the first runs are between 0900 and 1000. Some groups will head back for lunch, some will stay on the trail. No matter what there should be a group for you to catch up with.

See ya there!

-----Matt-----
Old June 26th, 2008, 15:11
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXNAYXJ
The usual time for the first runs are between 0900 and 1000. Some groups will head back for lunch, some will stay on the trail. No matter what there should be a group for you to catch up with.

See ya there!

-----Matt-----
+ like 2 hours for the guys who the night before.
Old June 26th, 2008, 17:45
NAXJA Forum User

So as far as a lunch goes, its sorta 50/50 for cooking or bringing some snacks?

I'm trying to deside if I want to just cook some dawgs, or bring something to eat (no cooking) for lunch. And for breakfast I figure I'll throw some SPAM on the grill :-). Dinner...well that's up in the air, maybe a steak or hamburgers.
Old June 26th, 2008, 18:42
NAXJA Forum User

I always bring "cooler/brown bag" lunches, stuff that can be carried and eaten on the trail without any prep work. Breakfast and dinner are up to you, most folks will cook those meals. If you want to bring a small propane BBQ and cook lunch on the trail, there's usually time to do so, but it's up to you if you want to put forth the effort.

Golly gee willikers my XJ is getting jammed full of stuff as I prepare for morning departure.
Old June 26th, 2008, 19:07
NAXJA Forum User

Alright sounds good fubar...I suppose I'll just get together some decent food for lunch. I was eating some peanut butter and crackers today and it hit me that would probably be a good snack out on the trail, so I'll try that out too.
Old June 27th, 2008, 00:04
NAXJA Member #1042

Meats, cheeses, and chips.

Our standard for Sandwiches on the trails.