• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear Caravan

Monkey55

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Peeps,

Does anyone want to caravan up to Big Bear? I plan on leaving Lakewood at 5:30am or 6am on Saturday.

I'll be going up Highway 38. Here's the route I'm taking - MAP

For the guys out in the 909, we met at Main St & the 91 frwy before.

E

We're leaving early sat mornig too, but we're comin up from the high desert..

GrimmJeeper said:
im coming up from the other side of the lake, through running springs. any reason you are taking that route over the one im taking?

here is the route im taking: http://tinyurl.com/5bkxrh
The route E is taking is supposed to be way less switchbacks, way less traffic.....so a few miles longer, but quite a bit quicker.

That's the way I go. I like it because there's less traffic and like Tony said, "less switch backs."

It ends closer the the Discovery Center too.

Anywho.

E

sounds good, my wife gets carsick on the curvy mountain roads anyway, maybe i'll take your way this year :D

im heading up friday morning around 11

E, go past all that Mentone crap, and turn off at Live Oak, then to Bryant.
It may be a mile or two longer, but there are only a few lights that way.
Much quicker.

I take the east side of 38 up to BB during the hotter months and take the 18 from the north during the cooler months.
The neat thing about the 38 is once you past Mentone, or Yacaipa you are instantly out of the city and into some nice forested areas.
The nice part of the 18 N route is you have only 20 minutes of climbing and you are there.

Rick

(See E, I'm not always an ass!)

:D

Probably leaving from the Disneyland/Block at Orange/Angel Stadium area Friday evening, around 7-7:30pm.

Anyone in the area heading up that night?

Jump This said:
I take the east side of 38 up to BB during the hotter months and take the 18 from the north during the cooler months.
The neat thing about the 38 is once you past Mentone, or Yacaipa you are instantly out of the city and into some nice forested areas.
The nice part of the 18 N route is you have only 20 minutes of climbing and you are there.

Rick

(See E, I'm not always an ass!)

:D

hahaha.. ;)

I think I'll try your suggestion and get off at Live Oak.

Thanks for the info..

E

If I get my header delivered and installed i may hit you up for that caravan, we'll see.

GrimmJeeper said:
new header??? again?? did the edelbrock crack already??

it did, almost completely around the weld on Cyl 6. Quadratec is out of stock on them, but he is going to get me one drop shipped from Edelbrock.
I am hoping for tomorrow, but Thursday I should be good too.

Brendan_91XJ said:
it did, almost completely around the weld on Cyl 6. Quadratec is out of stock on them, but he is going to get me one drop shipped from Edelbrock.
I am hoping for tomorrow, but Thursday I should be good too.
it would be hard for me to swing, but if you need help i could try and make it over after i get off work at 6, depends on how much i get done supplies wise tomorrow night..

GrimmJeeper said:
it would be hard for me to swing, but if you need help i could try and make it over after i get off work at 6, depends on how much i get done supplies wise tomorrow night..

thanks for the offer, I don't want to put you out. I pulled the entire intake manifold too and have to redo the fuel line too. I'll give you a call tomorrow and let you know if I get the part.

Sorry for the hijack E, now back to our caravan thread :roflmao::roflmao:

Back