• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35's on a 4" lift

What is your stock rear axle? Dana 35, Chrysler 8.25? You're going to have to do substantial trimming to run 35's with a 4" lift and still be able to have any substantial offroad capabilities such as articulation. Just remove your front fenders .

Oh yeah, do some searches...the topic of "Can I run ___'s with a ____ axle and only __" of lift without breaking anything or trimming" has been asked every which way a million times over.

You'll be better off if you have the Chysler instead of the Dana 35. Not saying you won't snap an axle like a wet toothpick but you'll be less likely to do so.

Last edited:
I was running 33's on a 4inch and I had to cut the crap outta the body. I finally had to bump up to a 5inch to stop to rubbing cuz I couldn't cut anymore. Oh yea, don't cut those pinch welds in the rear fenders or you will be opening a whole other can of worms.

Mr. Pickle said:
I was running 33's on a 4inch and I had to cut the crap outta the body. I finally had to bump up to a 5inch to stop to rubbing cuz I couldn't cut anymore. Oh yea, don't cut those pinch welds in the rear fenders or you will be opening a whole other can of worms.

I disagree. I am running 33's on right about 4" of lift and it works perfect. Keeps the COG down, and I dont have any major rubbing problems. I definitely had to cut, but my fenders are not "cut to crap" by any means. Front is about an inch and half from the main front body "seam" and the rears are cut and folded. I am running 2 inches of bump stop and my setup works great. I plan to soon jump up to about 5 to 5.5" of lift but will run 35's. Keeping COG down is key.

Depends? If your a mall craller,YES. If you plan to wheel it, NOPE, needs trimming big time.

OH, Boy Here we go, CAN I run 35's w/ a 4 inch lift,
NOMINATED

My lift has sagged down to about 4" by now...
and yes I'm running 35"s...
So I had to do a little trimming.
main.php

And thats out the exit to sledgehammer

lol at this thread.

you dont need to chop your rig into the stoneage for this. anyone who does think this doesnt understand the basic operation/setup of a suspension.

also since when did 4" lifts drag on everything?? bahahahah

37's, 4" with fenders intact and on vehicle

IMG_2708.jpg

no it doesn't drag on everything

HeavyMetal said:
lol at this thread.

you dont need to chop your rig into the stoneage for this. anyone who does think this doesnt understand the basic operation/setup of a suspension.

also since when did 4" lifts drag on everything?? bahahahah
note the sarcasm... For me, I removed the doors cuz they got in the way. I removed the fenders cuz the got in the way. sheet metal bends in Johnson Valley quiet often. Plus its useless weight.

Rawbrown said:
note the sarcasm... For me, I removed the doors cuz they got in the way. I removed the fenders cuz the got in the way. sheet metal bends in Johnson Valley quiet often. Plus its useless weight.

my comment wasnt directed at you anyway, so no worries

Do a little bit of searching.
Yes it can be done.
Yes you will need to trim.
I definitely wouldn't suggest unless you have at minimum a 29 spl 8.25 with upgraded shafts, or a Dana 44.

What do you want to gain with 35's that you can't with 33's?

Back