• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom front bumper and DIY bumper kits.

Ukraine Train

NAXJA Forum User
These are bolt on bumpers made from laser cut 3/16" steel with 1/4" mounts and 3/4" D-ring tabs. The tabs are welded directly to the frame mounts, not just the face of the bumper like some others'. The tabs will fit up to a 7/8" pin. The sides wrap around and extend back to the wheel well for extra protection on the trail. Pre-'97 models will require fender trimming. Extended frame mounts are standard, no extra charge. All new grade 5 hardware is included (grade 8 for the steering box bolts). The bumpers are shipped bare so you can finish them any way you want. Weight is 50lbs. The lights are Hella Optilux 1300 driving lights. The kit includes a wiring harness with relay. All parts were designed using 3D CAD, are CNC laser cut, and formed on a CNC press brake to ensure a perfect fit. I currently have one bumper with light holes and two without. They ship within 3 business days.

They DIY kit includes all the parts formed on the press brake. All you have to do is weld them together. No grinding is required to make anything fit. Very little welding is required compared to the Iron Scorpion kit. Will have parts ready to ship in 2-3 weeks.

I have a bunch of pictures here: http://www.fabiens.org/gallery/v/alex/jeepin/bmpr/

Fully built bumper pricing. Shipping is around $50-$60:
$220: bumper without lights or light holes. Looks just like below but without the holes.
$230: bumper with light holes but no lights. Add $20 for light grilles.
$270: bumper with driving light kit. Add $20 for light grilles.

DIY kit pricing (also includes hardware). Shipping is around $40-$50:
$160 kit without the lights or light holes.
$170 kit with holes for the lights and mount tabs but without the actual lights. Add $20 if you want the light grilles.
$210 kit with driving light kit. Add $20 if you want the light grilles.

PC050122.jpg

PC050101.jpg

PC050103.jpg

PC050106.jpg

PC050107.jpg

What the DIY parts look like.
PA300121.jpg

How it all fits together:
PB010128.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any way to get a 2" reciever built into one of these? Nice work by the way.

I don't have a version with a receiver built in right now because the FEA that I've run shows that if you have a 9000lb winch in there and actually use all 9000lb of it, that you would taco the bumper. I'm not sure how some of the other guys get away with it, like Rock Lizard and Iron Scorpion. It would hold up to most recoveries but I don't want to take the risk of breaking it if someone is REALLY stuck. I will look into updating the design to accomodate the receiver. You could always add it yourself and brace it up but I can't be to blame if something bends.

Would an aftermarket reciever hitch fit under this bumper then?

can you give me a price on just the mounts that go down the "frame rail"?

Ukraine Train said:
$35+shipping for the pair.

That's a great price, if my time wasn't free to me it'd be WAY cheaper to buy them from you.

When I made mine it was around $15 just for the flat stock steel....

Factor in drilling, welding, and cutting, can't beat $35. Do they come with the metal doubled for tabs on the front side or just?

Ukraine Train said:
I will have a winch version in the next couple months. I have a rear bumper planned, too. You can get one without the XJ stencil but I don't have any built right now. I'll be placing a laser order this week so I'll have parts to make it with or without.
Keep me/us updated on when you have a receiver design done. If you can do that for a resonable price I'll be ordering. :)

I told my wife I'm getting a bumper for xmas :) I've been leaning toward the JCR stage 4 but I'm really liking yours.

Archdukeferdinand said:
That's a great price, if my time wasn't free to me it'd be WAY cheaper to buy them from you.

When I made mine it was around $15 just for the flat stock steel....

Factor in drilling, welding, and cutting, can't beat $35. Do they come with the metal doubled for tabs on the front side or just?
The D-ring tabs are made from 3/4" plate and are welded to the frame mount. The frame mount is just a flat 1/4" thick sheet.

Once i have the money, i will be submitting my order. Might be a little while due to Christmas time though.

Back