NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old November 29th, 2007, 21:28
NAXJA Forum User

Swapping TJ rubicon control arms to XJ? bolt in swap?

sorry if this is a n00b questions, just looking for a quick answer and tried searching but didnt find the info.

will 2004 TJ rubicon upper and lower front control arms be a direct swap into an XJ? 1993 cherokee to be exact. I haven't had opportunity to measure the rubicon control arm lengths to double check..also would the steering linkage swap in? looks like it all will be a direct fit.. at least i hope. i can get the parts for super cheap and will be better than my 15+ year old worn out stock parts.. thanks for the help and info guys

also was thinking of coil spacers or the rubicon coils with longer shocks for a very basic lift. AAL in the rear.
Old November 29th, 2007, 21:40
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Swapping TJ rubicon control arms to XJ? bolt in swap?

Yes, I believe that the TJ arms are the same as the XJ arms. I checked a parts web site to verify and the picture is the same as what came under my XJ from the factory.
Steering linkage - I really don't know, here.