NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old October 7th, 2007, 12:37
NAXJA Forum User

park brake lever broken. where to get a new one?

92 jeep cherokee dana 35.well,my brake drum removal problem got lost in cyberspace,but I wanted to thank everyone that gave me ideas on how to take it off. all the brake parts inside the drum were destroyed because of the leaking/seized up wheel cylinder. I have all new brake parts,and was getting ready to get things put back together,and was trying to figure out how the park brake lever fit onto the shoe. I read the chilton's manual I have,and it said the lever is held on the shoe by a pin on the lever and a c clip on the other side of the shoe.I found an exploded view of the drum brakes on here,and the lever is supposed to have a pin on it problem? my park brake lever does not have the pin,looks like it has broken off. I can't find a new one on any of the part's stores web sites. where can I get a new one? surely this isn't a dealer only item? Is there another name for it? thanks!! Ben

Last edited by cjben; October 7th, 2007 at 12:46.
Old October 7th, 2007, 21:39
NAXJA Forum User

Re: park brake lever broken. where to get a new one?

no response? maybe nobody knows the art I am talking about? here is an exploded view. it is the part named park brake lever: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71040
Old October 8th, 2007, 01:41
NAXJA Forum User

Mine 92 has also total different brakes as you can see in the Heynes book.
The leveler of the handbrake is without a pin or C clip, its hooked in a hole of the brakeshoe Also the the adjust wheel is different.(upside down)
Greetings

Last edited by wim hoppenbrouwers; October 8th, 2007 at 01:46.
Old October 8th, 2007, 01:44
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wim hoppenbrouwers
The leveler of the handbrake is without a pin, its hooked in a hole of the brakeshoe Also the the adjust wheel is different.
Greetings
Old October 8th, 2007, 08:35
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wim hoppenbrouwers
The leveler of the handbrake is without a pin or C clip, its hooked in a hole of the brakeshoe Also the the adjust wheel is different.(upside down)
Greetings
how was the lever hooked to the brake shoe? My park brake lever does not have any holes in it. I guess i can take the passenger's side apart and look at it,but I was kind of waiting and doing one side at a time so I would have a reference.
Old October 8th, 2007, 08:38
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjben
how was the lever hooked to the brake shoe? My park brake lever does not have any holes in it. I guess i can take the passenger's side apart and look at it,but I was kind of waiting and doing one side at a time so I would have a reference.
Take the passenger's side apart and just look at it, you'll see what you need to see.